Rock Island City Council considers reappointment to Civic Center Board
At a recent meeting, the Rock Island City Council discussed whether to approve a proposed reappointment to the Illinois Quad City Civic Center Authority Board.
The Rock Island City Council includes the mayor and seven aldermen, each from one of the city’s seven wards. Council meetings are held at 6:45 p.m. each Monday.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the council.
City Council Meeting
June 20, 2016
Study Session 5:30 pm
City Council Chambers, City Hall, third floor,
1528 Third Avenue, Rock Island, IL
Topics: Update on Sidewalks and Alleys and
Update on Sunset Marina.
Executive Session: on Personnel, Property
Acquisition and Litigation.
Agenda 6:45 pm
City Council Chambers, City Hall, third floor, 1528 Third Avenue, Rock Island, IL
1. Mayor Pauley will call the meeting to order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Invocation by Alderman Hotle.
5. Minutes of the meeting of June 13, 2016. (Motion whether or not to approve the Minutes as printed.)
6. Update Rock Island by Mayor Pauley.
7. Presentation of the Auditor's Financial Report.
RC* 8. A Special Ordinance repealing Special Ordinance No. 075-2013 for granting a special use permit. (Motion whether or not to pass the ordinance.)
RC* 9. A Special Ordinance amending a zoning district and zoning map at 2613 5th Avenue. (Motion whether or not to consider, suspend the rules and pass the ordinance.)
RC* 10. Claims for the week of June 10 through June 16 in the amount of $728,364.21. (Motion whether or not to allow the claims.)
RC* 11. Report from the Community and Economic Development Department regarding bids for the emergency demolition and site clearance of one residential property at 1215 Glenhurst Court, recommending the bid be awarded to Valley Construction, Co. of Rock Island, IL in the amount of $18,700.00. (Motion whether or not to award the bid as recommended and authorize the City Manager to execute the contract documents.)
RC* 12. Report from the Finance Department regarding a release and settlement agreement with MidAmerican Energy Company in the amount of $26,330.17. (Motion whether or not to approve the agreement as recommended and authorize the City Manager to execute the contract documents.)
RC* 13. Report from the Finance Department regarding an adjustment to the CY2016 Budget, recommending increasing the Community Development Block Grant Fund in the amount of $958,396.41. (Motion whether or not to approve the budget adjustment as recommended.)
14. Report from the Mayor regarding a reappointment to the Illinois Quad City Civic Center Authority. (Motion whether or not to approve the reappointment as recommended.)
15. Report from the Public Works Department regarding a request from the Coast Guard Auxiliary to use the parking lot area at Sunset Marina from 8:00 am to noon on July 17 and August 14, 2016 for their annual fundraising breakfasts and a request to hang a banner at the marina entrance. (Motion whether or not to approve the requests as recommended.)
16. Other Business.
17. Executive Session on Personnel, Property Acquisition and Litigation.
18. Motion to recess to 5:00 pm, Monday, July 11, 2016.
RC* Roll Call vote is needed.
This agenda may be obtained in accessible formats by qualified persons with a disability by making appropriate arrangements from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, by contacting City Clerk Aleisha Patchin at (309) 732-2010 or visiting in person at: 1528 Third Avenue Rock Island, IL, 61201
Organizations in this Story
1528 3rd Ave
Rock Island, IL - 61201-8612