Cordova Public Library District board considers treasurer's report, new business
The Cordova Public Library District board of trustees met Thursday, July 14.
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by the Cordova Public Library District board of trustees:
Cordova District Library
Minutes of the Regular Meeting
Of the Board of Trustees
July 14, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 7:34 am by Debra Hart, Vice President. Some board members may be attending electronically.
Trustees in attendance: Debra Hart, Karen Lonergan, Audrey Roman, Regina Skipper, and Bruce Wood. Absent: Debra Deines and Merredith Peterson.
Sue Hebel/Library Director and Cheryl Lennox/Head Librarian were in attendance.
No public present.
The minutes from the June meeting were presented. Karen Lonergan made a motion to accept the minutes as read and was seconded by Audrey Roman. Motion carried.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: No report
PRESIDENT’S REPORT: No report
TREASURER’S REPORT: Karen Lonergan presented the financials for the month. Karen Lonergan made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report and pay the bills. Bruce Wood seconded. Motion carried.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the payments made by the District, under the signatures of the President, Treasurer, or Director, as detailed in the Financial Report presented and approved as necessary to meet the obligations of the District in timely manner.
DIRECTOR’S REPORT: Sue Hebel reported:
· The audit of last year’s minutes needs to be completed by August 30, 2016.
· Sue will attend Delegates Assembly on July 26, 2016.
· Sue will attend an online workshop titled, “Connecting With Your Community” on July 20, 2016.
· The “Edge Assessment” re-assessment is to be completed via email by August 4, 2016. This is a 3 year follow up survey.
· Vacation is scheduled for August 27th – September 12th.
· Exelon is currently scheduled for a refuel for the 2017 spring outage on unit 1. Unit 2 is scheduled for a refuel in 2018.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Cheryl Lennox reported:
· End of Year circulation statistics were distributed and discussed. It is noted that e circulation is showing a growth pattern and is expected to be very important to the future of the library.
· August 19, 2016 is the deadline for submission for the next library newsletter.
· The August and September calendars were discussed.
FINANCE: No report
Financial Strategic Plan: No report
PERSONNEL: No report
Personnel Strategic Plan: No report
POLICY: No report
Policy Strategic Plan: No report
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS: No report
Building & Ground Strategic Plan: No report
TECHNOLOGY: No report
Technology Strategic Plan: No report
· The September meeting is moved to September 15, 2016.
· At the August 11, 2016 meeting, Sue will present, “Future of Libraries”. It was decided to extend an invitation to Representative Mike Smiddy to attend.
· A committee for strategic planning regarding the future of Cordova Library should Exelon close was created. Serving on the committee are Karen Lonergan, Bruce Wood, and Audrey Roman. This Open Meeting will meet on August 4, 2016 at 7:30 am.
The next meeting will be on Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 7:30 am.
A motion was made by Karen Lonergan and seconded by Bruce Wood to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. The meeting was adjourned at 7:38 am.
Organizations in this Story
402 Main Avenue
Cordova, IL 61242