Rock Island City Council reappoints board members
The Rock Island City Council met Feb. 13 to reappoint board members.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the council:
The Rock Island City Council includes the mayor and seven alderman, each from one of the city’s seven wards. Council meetings are held at 6:45 p.m. each Monday.
City Council Meeting February 13, 2017
No Study Session City Council Chambers, City Hall, third floor, 1528 Third Avenue, Rock Island, IL
Executive Session: on Personnel, Property Acquisition and Litigation.
Agenda 6:45 pm City Council Chambers, City Hall, third floor, 1528 Third Avenue, Rock Island, IL
1. Mayor Pauley will call the meeting to order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Invocation by Alderman Austin.
5. Minutes of the meeting of February 6, 2017. (Motion whether or not to approve the Minutes as printed.)
6. Update Rock Island by Mayor Pauley.
7. A Special Ordinance amending two previously amended Special Ordinances granting a Special Use Permit at 1808 7th Avenue. (Motion whether or not to consider, suspend the rules and pass the ordinance.)
RC* 8. Claims for the week of February 3 through February 9 in the amount of $1,578,984.15.
(Motion whether or not to allow the claims.)
RC* 9. Report from the Police Department regarding a Special Ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3-5(1)(a); Chapter 8, Article XII, Section 8-398(b); Chapter 8, Article XII, Section 8- 399; Chapter 8, Article XIII, Division 2, Section 8-421(b)(1); and Chapter 8, Article XIII, Division 2, Section 8-421(b)(6) of the Code of Ordinances which requires the submission of fingerprints and a non-refundable processing fee to the Rock Island Police Department for the purposes of conducting criminal history inquiries. (Motion whether or not to consider, suspend the rules and pass the ordinance.) (003)
RC* 10. Report from the Community and Economic Development Department regarding a
request from Timothy Niemiec of the LaMacchia Group (for the Gas and Electric Credit Union) to vacate a segment of 5th Avenue right-of-way located at the northeast corner of 23rd Street and 5th Avenue and to be added to the Gas and Electric Credit Union property for the proposed credit union expansion. (Motion whether or not to approve the request as recommended, subject to the stipulations as stated in the report and refer to the City
Attorney for an ordinance.)
11. Report from the Mayor regarding reappointments to the Housing Authority Board. (Motion whether or not to approve the reappointments as recommended.)
12. Report from the Mayor regarding an appointment to the Liquor Control Commission. (Motion whether or not to approve the appointment as recommended.)
13. Other Business.
14. Executive Session on Personnel, Property Acquisition and Litigation.
15. Motion to recess to 6:00 pm, Monday, February 20, 2017.
RC* Roll Call vote is needed.
Organizations in this Story
1528 3rd Ave
Rock Island, IL 61201-8612