Rock Island City Council meets to discuss police reports, zoning processes
Members of the Rock Island City Council gathered for a regular meeting at 5:30 p.m. yesterday, June 13.
The Rock Island City Council includes the mayor and seven aldermen, each from one of the city’s seven wards. Council meetings are held at 6:45 p.m. each Monday.
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by the Rock Island City Council:
City Council Meeting
June 13, 2016
Study Session 5:30 p.m.
City Council Chambers, City Hall, third floor, 1528 Third Ave., Rock Island, IL
Topics: Discussion on Police Body Cameras, and Discussion on Board of Zoning Appeals Process.
Executive Session: on Personnel, Property Acquisition and Litigation.
Agenda 6:45 pm
City Council Chambers, City Hall, third floor, 1528 Third Avenue, Rock Island, IL Live.bmp
1. Mayor Pauley will call the meeting to order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Invocation by Alderman Hotle.
5. Minutes of the meeting of June 3, 2016, Minutes of the meeting of June 4, 2016 and Minutes of the meeting of June 6, 2016. (Motion whether or not to approve the Minutes as printed.)
6. Update Rock Island by Mayor Pauley.
7. Proclamation declaring Saturday, June 25, 2016 as Rock Island County NAACP Day.
RC* 8. A Special Ordinance establishing a no parking zone on the west side of 29th Street between 12th and 13th Avenues. (Motion whether or not to consider, suspend the rules and pass the ordinance.)
RC* 9. Claims
a. Report from the Public Works Department regarding payment #30 in the amount of $439,498.02 to Gilbane Building Company of Chicago, IL for construction services provided for the Rock Island Police Station project. (109)
(Motion whether or not to accept the report and authorize payment as recommended.)
RC* 10. Claims for the week of June 3 through June 9 in the amount of $1,191,810.94 and payroll for the weeks of May 23 through June 5 in the amount of $1,469,717.48. (Motion whether or not to allow the claims and payroll.)
RC* 11. Purchase Card Claims for the month of May in the amount of $63,343.64. (Motion whether or not to approve the purchase card claims.)
RC* 12. Report from the Public Works Department regarding the purchase of seven low pressure and three high pressure drip traps from L&J Technologies of Hillsdale, IL in the amount of $12,307.00. (Motion whether or not to approve the purchase as recommended.) (105)
RC* 13. Report from the Information Technology Department regarding a contract with CivicPlus of Manhattan, KS for an upgrade to the City website in the amount of $19,843.00. (Motion whether or not to approve the contract as recommended and authorize the City Manager to execute the contract documents.)
RC* 14. Report from the Community and Economic Development Department regarding the 2017/2018 (April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018) Community Development Block Grant Allocation Policies. (Motion whether or not to approve the 2017/2018 Community Development Block Grant Allocation Policies as recommended.)
15. Report from the Community and Economic Development Department regarding a request from Jeffrey Duncan for a rezoning from an I-1 (light industrial) district to a B-3 (community business) district at 2623 5th Avenue. (Motion whether or not to approve the rezoning as recommended and refer to the City Attorney for an ordinance.)
16. Report from the Mayor regarding appointments and reappointments to the Arts Advisory Committee. (Motion whether or not to approve the appointments and reappointments as recommended.)
17. Report from the Mayor regarding a reappointment to the Beautification Commission. (Motion whether or not to approve the reappointment as recommended.)
18. Report from the City Clerk regarding a request from Theresa Thompson of 1106 4th Street for a Street Closing at 4th Street south of 11th Avenue to the dead end, along with a Sound Amplification permit for a block party to be held on Saturday, June 18, 2016 from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm. (Motion whether or not to approve the request as recommended.)
19. Other Business.
20. Executive Session on Personnel, Property Acquisition and Litigation.
21. Motion to recess to 5:30 pm, Monday, June 20, 2016.
RC* Roll Call vote is needed.