Rock Island City Council presents beautification awards
The Rock Island City Council met Jan. 16 to present beautification awards.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the council:
The Rock Island City Council includes the mayor and seven alderman, each from one of the city’s seven wards. Council meetings are held at 6:45 p.m. each Monday.
City Council Meeting January 16, 2017
Study Session 5:45 pm City Council Chambers, City Hall, third floor, 1528 Third Avenue, Rock Island, IL Topics: 2016 Street Project Update and Hydropower Plant Update Executive Session: on Personnel, Property Acquisition and Litigation.
Agenda 6:45 pm City Council Chambers, City Hall, third floor, 1528 Third Avenue, Rock Island, IL
1. Mayor Pauley will call the meeting to order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Invocation by Alderman Schipp.
5. Minutes of the meeting of January 9, 2017. (Motion whether or not to approve the Minutes as printed.)
6. Update Rock Island by Mayor Pauley.
7. Presentation of Awards by Fire Chief for Recognition of Community Service.
8. Presentation of the 2016 Holiday Lighting Awards.
9. Presentation of the 2016 Commercial Beautification Awards.
10. Proclamation declaring January, 2017 as National Mentoring Month.
RC* 11. Claims
a. Report from the Human Resources Department regarding payment in the amount of $819.98 to MidAmerican Energy for General Liability claim.
b. Report from the Information Technology Department regarding payment in the amount of $14,328.96 to DLT Solutions Inc. of Herndon, VA for the Autodesk annual subscription maintenance. (001)
c. Report from the Public Works Department regarding payment #4 and final in the amount of $78,081.23 to Tri City Blacktop Inc. of Bettendorf, IA for the 38th Street and 18th Avenue resurfacing project for services provided from August 22, 2016 through January 6, 2017. (004)
(Motion whether or not to accept the reports and authorize payments as recommended.)
RC* 12. Claims for the week of January 6 through January 12 in the amount of $578,565.13.
(Motion whether or not to allow the claims.)
13. Report from the Parks and Recreation Department regarding a proposed amendment to Chapter 14, Article II, Section 14-17 of the Code of Ordinances as it relates to the number of Park Board members. (Motion whether or not to approve the proposed amendment as recommended and refer to the City Attorney for an ordinance.) (1-17)
RC* 14. Report from the Public Works Department regarding the revised Local Public Agency
Agreement for Federal Participation for the 38th Street, 7th Avenue to Blackhawk Road resurfacing project. (Motion whether or not to approve the revised Local Agency Agreement for Federal Participation as recommended and authorize the Mayor to execute the documents.) (003)
15. Report from the Community and Economic Development Department regarding a request from Masco and Leticia Taliafero for a rezoning from an R-6 district (multi-family residence) to a B-3 (community business) district at 909 3rd Avenue. (Motion whether or not to approve the rezoning as recommended and refer to the City Attorney for an ordinance.)
16. Other Business.
17. Executive Session on Personnel, Property Acquisition and Litigation.
18. Motion to recess to 5:30 pm, Monday, January 23, 2017.
RC* Roll Call vote is needed.