Village Of Carbon Cliff Village Board of Trustees met July 5.
Village Of Carbon Cliff Village Board of Trustees met July 5.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
Members President: Todd Cantrell, Keith Curry, Robert Dreher, Alma Neels (arrived at 7:40 p.m.) and Larry Scott
Members Absent: LeeVon Harris
Others Present: David Emerick, Jr., Blackhawk Bank & Trust; Chris Hicks, Dispatch/Argus Reporter;
Loren Rains, Village Engineer (McClure Engineering); Nick Gottwalt, Director of Community & Administrative Services (D.O.C.A.S.); & Karen L. Hopkins, Village Clerk
Village President’s Agenda items discussed:
Village President Hintz, had Dave Emerick with Blackhawk Bank & Trust explain what Blackhawk Bank & Trust can offer the Village of Carbon Cliff for our banking needs.
• The Village will receive interest on accounts / funds. Currently no interest being paid by Triumph Community Bank, they did not pay interest due to the fact they had to pay to have the Village Funds Pledged or Collateralized.
• Village funds over the $250,000.00 FDIC insured will be properly insured by collateralizing and pledge of funds, without charge to the Village. Currently Triumph Community Bank will start August 1, 2017 charging for the Pledging, etc. over the $250,000.00. Estimated cost to the Village would be $900.00 to $950.00 per month.
• Refinancing the current Orchard Court Drainage Project, the Village would receive 3.0% interest, currently receiving 3.25% at Triumph Community Bank. This will save money & should cut the length of the loan.
• Refinancing the Mortgage on 1001 Mansur Avenue, keeping the same dollar amount for the monthly payment, should be able to cut the term of the mortgage by 9 years. This should be a large savings. Dave Emerick and Clerk Karen Hopkins will work on options for these and present to the Administration Committee Meeting Tuesday July 11, 2017. Committee can look over, ask questions and that time and then recommend to the Board the best choice.
• Ordinance No. 2017-11, “An Ordinance Amending Article 5 Of The Village Code” adopted at Board Meeting June 20, 2017 is being renumbers to Ordinance No. 2017-12” An Ordinance Amending Article 5 Of The Village Code.” – Dealing with Solicitation in the Village.
• Acknowledge and ratify the purchase of water meters from Ferguson Waterworks, $4,030.40 to be installed at Super 8 Motel, Eagles Club, 750 N 2nd Avenue & 800 N 2nd Avenue.
• Village President Bill Hintz, Trustee Alma Neels, and Trustee LeeVon Harris will be attending the 2017 Illinois Municipal League, 104th Annual Conference, September 21-23, 2017, Hilton Chicago, Illinois. Total per person is estimated at$1,672.86 including the event, lodging, fuel and meals.
• Commercial Grade Architectural Series 30 ft. Flagpole with accessories from United States Flag Co. is for installation at the site of the new Village Hall -1001 Mansur Avenue.
Correspondence items discussed:
• The Village received a letter from the Carbon Cliff United Methodist Church with a check donation of $1,045.50. The donation is from Carbon Cliff United Methodist Church funds when closing the church and part of the donation is from the Hilbert Stone Memorial. It is suggested the Village use these funds to build new dug out, with a plaque stating, “Made Possible By: Hilbert Stone Memorial and Carbon Cliff Methodist Church”.
Committee Meeting items discussed:
• New Village Hall meeting will meet here at current Village Hall, 106 1st Avenue on Thursday July 6, 2017. Sheriff Bustos will be attending, along with Steve from PIPCO that Trustee Keith Curry has invited to attend and look at new building (1001 Mansur Avenue).
Old Business items discussed:
• D.O.C.A.S. Gottwalt has been in contact with Hoerr Construction and they will be stopping by the Village soon to walk the area in the wooded timber up toward Merry Oaks and Cliff Heights. They will be checking to see if enough has been cleared and if they will be able to get their equipment up to the area needed to be filmed.
• D.O.C.A.S. Gottwalt has also been in contact with Illinois Rural Water Association about doing the smoke testing looking for illegal hook ups to the sewer lines.
• All Village employees are in the process of or have completed online training from the National Training Counsel on First Aid, CPR and AED.
New Business items discussed:
• D.O.C.A.S. Gottwalt and Clerk Hopkins meet with a representative of Genesis Health about pre- employment physicals, drug and alcohol testing, work comp, etc. They are located on 41st Street In Moline, across from Whitey’s Ice Cream. There is no agreement or contact to sign, they are set Up to handle drug test 24 hours a day if needed, they have many medical treatments at the facility. Genesis Health Care is a non-for-profit business and have been doing physicals for employment and DOT for years. The Village will start sending employees to Genesis Health Care on 41st Street in Moline.
Trustee Alma Neels arrived at 7:40 p.m.
Motion 1: Motion by Scott to establish Consent Agenda, as follows:
Village President’s Agenda:
a. Approve the renumbering of Ordinance No. 2017-11, “An Ordinance Amending Article 5 Of The Village Code” from Ordinance No. 2017-11 (adopted 6/20/17 using duplicate number) to Ordinance No. 2017-12, “An Ordinance Amending Article 5 Of The Village Code.”
b. Adopt Ordinance No. 2017-13, “An Ordinance To Authorize The Execution Of An Intergovernmental Cooperation Contract Between The Village Of Carbon Cliff And The Illinois Municipal League Risk Management Association.”
c. Acknowledge and ratify the purchase of four meters from Ferguson Waterworks in the amount of $4,030.40. Village Board Authorized Clerk Hopkins to order meters at the Village Board Meeting of June 20, 2017.
d. Approve a Contract Agreement with McClure Engineering Associates Inc. in the amount of $3,200.00 to perform a supplemental survey for the Grand Illinois Trail Critical Gap Connector project which includes a topographic & boundary verification survey on three lots located between Foret Mansur and Mansur Avenue in Carbon Cliff, Illinois. East Moline is the lead agency on this project.
e. Authorize Village President Bill Hintz, Trustee Alma Neels and Trustee LeeVon Harris to attend the 2017 Illinois Municipal League, 104th Annual Conference – September 21-23, 2017, Hilton Chicago, Illinois. Individually the total cost including event, lodging, fuel and meals would be $1,672.86 per person. If individuals carpool the total cost including event, lodging, fuel and meals would be $4,674.04 for all three to attend.
f. Approve the purchase of a Commercial Grade Architectural Series 30 ft. Flagpole with accessories from United States Flat Co. in the amount of $2,002.16 including shipping costs.
g. Approve the hiring of Brandt Schultz, to the position of Full-Time Maintenance Operator at an annual salary of $35,000.16 under a 90-day / 3-month probationary period. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory performance evaluation by Genesis Health (Genesis Work) of Essential Job Functions and satisfaction of a complete background check.
h. Pass Resolution No. 2017-02, “A Resolution Naming Blackhawk Bank & Trust As Depository For The Village Of Carbon Cliff Payroll; Corporate General Fund; Non-Utility Fund; W/S/G Utility; Corporate General Fund Capital Reserve; Water Fund Capital Reserve; Sewer Fund Capital Reserve; Building Capital Reserve; Hotel Accommodation Tax; Home-Rule Municipal Retailer’s Occupation Tax; Home-Rule Roadway Tax Fund; Motor Fuel Tax; W/S/G Utility – Credit Card Payments, And Authorize Signatures As Bill Hintz; Todd Cantrell; Keith Curry; and LeeVon Harris; with Karen l. Hopkins as electronic transfer and ACH only.”
i. Authorize Karen L. Hopkins, Village Clerk to transfer funds from Triumph Community Bank to the new accounts at Blackhawk Bank & Trust, leaving a total balance at Triumph Community Bank under the FDIC insured amount of $250,000.00. These transfers and amounts will be reported at the next Board Meeting on the Bill, Payroll, and Transfer sheet.
j. Approve the purchase of 3 cases of inverted striping paint from Uline for a total cost of $597.15.
Minutes / Reports / Public Notices:
a. Minutes of the New Village Hall Committee Meeting June 15, 2017, as presented at last meeting – approved / filed.
Approval of Bills / Payroll / Transfers / Voided Checks:
Second by Curry. Motion carried by the following roll call vote: Cantrell-yes; Curry-yes; Dreher-yes; Neels-yes; Scott-yes 5-yes, 0-no, 1-absent
Motion 2: Motion by Neels to approve the Consent Agenda as established:
5. a., b., c., d., e., f., g., h., i., j. Village President’s Agenda
9. a. Minutes, Reports, Public Notices
Bills, Payroll, Transfer & Voided Checks
Second by Cantrell. Motion carried by the following roll call vote: Cantrell-yes; Curry-yes; Dreher-yes; Neels-yes; Scott-yes 5-yes, 0-no, 1-absent
Motion 3: Motion by Cantrell to adjourn. Second by Neels. Cantrell-yes; Curry-yes; Dreher-yes; Neels-yes; Scott-yes 5-yes, 0-no, 1-absent
Meeting adjourned at 7:51 p.m.
Organizations in this Story
106 1st Ave
Carbon Cliff, IL - 61239-7717