Village Of Carbon Cliff Village Board of Trustees met June 20.
Village Of Carbon Cliff Village Board of Trustees met June 20.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
Members President: Todd Cantrell, Keith Curry, Robert Dreher, LeeVon Harris, Alma Neels and Larry Scott
Members Absent: None
Others Present: Chris Hicks, Argus / Dispatch report; Nick Gottwalt, Village Director of Community & Administrative Services, & Karen L. Hopkins, Village Clerk
Village President’s Agenda items discussed:
• Discussed the towing contract for illegal parking in Merry Oaks Addition, Colona Road, etc. It was decided it would be best to go with Quad City Towing Inc. 2550 5th Street, Rock Island, IL this year.
• Discussed the purchase of a 300-W Payment Drop Box from American Security Cabinets. This is the same brand and model we have here currently at Village Hall (106 1st Avenue). New payment box will be used at the New Village Hall.
Meetings / Conferences discussed:
• D.O.C.A.S. Nick Gottwalt will be attending the Illinois Municipal Treasurer’s Association Annual Conference June 25-27 in Carbondale, IL. Registration fee is $175.00 , Hotel Accommodation $218.00, estimated mileage reimbursement $350.00 and cost of meals $60.00. Total estimated cost is $810.00.
• Village President Bill Hintz, Trustee Alma Neels and Trustee LeeVon Harris are planning on attending the 2017 Illinois Municipal League 104th Annual Conference September 21-23, 2017 at the Hilton Chicago. Registration cost for IML Members is $310.00 Hotel room rate is $254.00 per night plus taxes and fees.
Committee Meeting items discussed:
Public Properties Committee Meeting of June 12, 2017
• City of Moline gave the Village a quote on repairing the village Jetter – $615.72 in needed repairs, not including the $155.28 in man hours troubleshooting the jetter.
• The Carbon Cliff Sports Club is requesting one tandem load of sports clay sand for the ball diamonds.
• 756 N. 1st avenue lot needs mowed. Maintenance is waiting for the lot to dry up some.
• Cherry Court has some erosion by manhole on East Side behind Robert Dreher’s house. Maintenance is to look at.
• Front yard of Todd Hunter’s house (713 Valley View Drive) has a storm (catch basin) drain that drains across the street to the West. This needs to have maintenance find end of the drain and open it up so it will drain properly.
Public Safety Committee Meeting of June 12, 2017
• No report from Rock Island County Sheriff’s Department.
• Reviewed applications for full time maintenance worker position. Select some for Administration Committee to decide.
• Requesting to look into 1st aid training and CPR for employees. Cost and who does it.
Administration Committee Meeting of June 13, 2017
• Met with office staff employees – Karen Hopkins, Village Clerk / Office Manager; Ben Allen, Village Collector and Deputy Clerk, and Nick Gottwalt, Director of Community and Administrative Services about delegations of duties/jobs, cross training.
• Reviewed applications for Maintenance Worker position (full time). Committee reviewed eight applications. D.O.C.A.S. Nick Gottwalt will schedule interview on Wednesday June 21, 2017 and 2nd interviews on Wednesday June 28, 2017.
• Recommending to full Board of Trustees to purchase a new copy machine RICOH MP C3504 Copier from Access Systems. This will save the Village on the current high cost of maintenance agreement with RK Dixon
• Reviewed and approved a Village Policy Governing the Reimbursement of Employee Travel, Meal and Lodging Expense.
• Discussed an Ordinance that was originally in 2002 by Village Attorney Kathleen Field Orr, needs some updating and then can be presented to the full board for adoption. The Ordinance is on solicitations.
New Business items discussed:
• V&K, Veenstra & Kimm Inc., Civil Engineering stopped by the Village Hall and introduced themselves to D.O.C.A.S. Nick Gottwalt. They are interest in obtaining any Village work that is available. There is a packet of information if anyone would like to look at it.
• The Village did take the last delivery of salt that we were obligated to purchase this year.
• Clerk Hopkins explained to the Board of Trustees we had some water meters that still need replaced, on in apartment complex had completely stopped working. Meters are needed for 750 N. 2nd Avenue; 800 N. 2nd Avenue (completely stopped); Eagles Club & Super 8 Motel. The Trustees authorized Clerk Hopkins to go ahead and purchase the needed water meters and bring to the Board Meeting to Acknowledge and Ratify.
Motion 1: Motion to establish Consent Agenda, as follows: 5. Village President’s Agenda:
a. Waive the bidding process for towing service designated under the Title II, Article 4, Section 25 of the Village Cod, and name Quad City Towing Inc. 2550 5th Street, Rock Island, Illinois as the designated authorized agent in accordance with Title II, Article 4, Section 25.4, of the Village Code, and shall name Quad City Towing Inc. 2550 5th Street, Rock Island, Illinois as authorized garage in accordance with Title II, Article 4, Section 25.5(b) of the Village Code.
b. Approve the purchase of a 300-OW Payment Drop Box, not to exceed $750.00, from American Security Cabinets.
c. Approve and accept proposal for service from Thymet Pest Control, Moline, Illinois at a cost of $65.00 per month. Pest protection again general crawling insects, to include ants, spiders, roaches, centipedes and also treat for mice as needed.
a. Public Properties Committee:
1. Approve the work order from the City of Moline to repair the Shamrock Jetter for a total cost of $771.00. 2. Authorize the Village of Carbon Cliff to purchase a tandem load of sports sand for the little league fields. Authorized purchase contingent upon available funds in the Village Budget.
d. Administration Committee:
1. Approve the purchase of a new RICOH MP C3504 copier from Access Systems at a cost of $5,810.36. The Village will also sign a new maintenance agreement of $30.00 per month which includes 1,000 mono copies and 500 color copies. All parts, labor, toner and service call are also covered under the maintenance agreement.
2. Approve the Village Policy Governing the Reimbursement of Employees Travel, Meal and Lodging Expenses.
3. Approve Ordinance No. 2017-11, “An Ordinance Amending Title III, Article 5 Of The Village Code”. (Solicitors and Canvassers).
Minutes / Reports / Public Notices:
a. Monthly Clerk’s Report for May 2017, as presented – approved / filed;
b. Monthly Collector’s Report for May 2017, as presented – approved / filed;
c. Monthly Maintenance Comp Time Report for May 2017, as presented – approved / filed;
d. Monthly Treasurer’s Report for May 2017, as presented – approved / filed;
e. Minutes of the Public Properties Committee Meeting of June 12, 2017, as presented – approved/filed;
f. Minutes of the Public Safety Committee Meeting of June 12, 2017, as presented – approved / filed;
g. Minutes of the Public Works Committee Meeting of June 13, 2017, as presented – approved / filed;
h. Minutes of the Administration Committee Meeting of June 13, 2017, ass presented – approved / filed;
i. Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Carbon Cliff Board of Trustees for May 16, 2017, May 18, 2017, and June 6, 2017, as presented – approved / filed; and
j. I-EPA – Notice of Application for Permit to Manage Waste (LPC-PA16), Dated 06/12/2017. Site
Name: Upper Rock Island County Landfill – 17201 20th Avenue North, East Moline, IL 61244 – IEPA ID #1618100014 – Description of Project: Authorization to Operate Cell 5C. – Placed on view for public comment.
Approval of Bills / Payroll / Transfers / Voided Checks:
Second by Cantrell. Motion carried by the following roll call vote: Cantrell-yes; Curry-yes; Dreher-yes; Harris-yes; Neels-yes; Scott-yes 6-yes, 0-no, 0-absent
Motion 2: Motion by Scott to Approve the Consent agenda as Established:
5. a., b., c. Village President’s Agenda
8. a.1., a.2., d.1., d.2., d.3. Committee Meetings
9. a., b., c., d., e., f., g., h., i., j. Minutes / Reports / Public Notices
12. a. Bills / Payroll / Transfer / & Voided checks Second by Neels. Motion carried by the following roll call vote: Cantrell-yes; Curry-yes; Dreher-yes; Harris-yes; Neels-yes; Scott-yes 6-yes, 0-no, 0-absent
Motion 3: Motion by Neels to adjourn. Second by Harris.
Motion carried by the following roll call vote:
Cantrell-yes; Curry-yes; Dreher-yes; Harris-yes; Neels-yes; Scott-yes 6-yes, 0-no, 0-absent
Meeting adjourned at 8:11 p.m.
Organizations in this Story
106 1st Ave
Carbon Cliff, IL - 61239-7717