Village of Carbon Cliff Village Board of Trustees met August 15.
Village of Carbon Cliff Village Board of Trustees met August 15.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
Village President Bill Hintz called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m.
Members President: Keith Curry, Robert Dreher, LeeVon Harris, Alma Neels and Larry Scott
Members Absent: Todd Cantrell
Others Present: Dave Emerick, Blackhawk Bank & Trust; Chris Hicks, Dispatch/Argus Reporter; Nick Gottwalt, Director of Community & Administrative Services (D.O.C.A.S.); & Karen L. Hopkins, Village Clerk
Village President’s Agenda items discussed:
• Ordinance 2017-19, is authorizing the promissory note or mortgage for 1001 Mansur Avenue, currently the mortgage is with Triumph Community Bank at 3.25%. The mortgage will be paid off at Triumph Community Bank by the refinancing of the mortgage with Blackhawk Bank & Trust at 3.00%. Refinancing amount is $377,220.06.
• Ordinance 2017-20, is authorizing the promissory note for the Orchard Court Drainage Project. Currently with Triumph Community Bank the Village is paying 3.25% interest and payments are set up quarterly. The loan at Triumph Community Bank will be paid off by the refinancing will be at 3% with Blackhawk State Bank & Trust.
Committee Meeting Minutes items discussed:
Public Properties Committee Meeting of August 7, 2017:
• Discussed the location of potential trailheads for the Grand Illinois Bike Trail. Jeff Uddin with McClure Engineering submitted three site locations:
o Rebecca Place near tot park
o Mansur Avenue across from Mansur Street
o Mansur Avenue southwest of new Village Hall
Committee like option three, southwest of the new Village Hall.
Updated Residents Robert Valentine & Paul Gruber on how the trail will run next to their properties on Foret Mansur.
Public Safety Committee Meeting of August 7, 2017:
• Look over and discus the updated flood prep check list.
• Update on flood in July 2017 – 7 properties flooded – 2 substantially damaged
• Set Trick or Treat hours for October 31, 2017 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Approve purchase of Halloween candy not to exceed $300.00
• Approve the purchase of Glow Sticks for Halloween, not to exceed $450.00
• Approve $500.00 donation to the Cops & Kids Christmas Shopping Program.
Public Works Committee Meeting of August 8, 217:
• Discussed late fees, it was decided to leave as is.
• Rock Island County Waste Management – Fiscal year 2018 Solid Waste Assistance Grant (SWAG). It was decided to purchase Bulky Item Stickers with the Grant funds to help residents needing normal bulky items stickers.
• Water Pressure Pit on 1st Avenue (near Hwy 84 – 2nd Avenue) has been leaking and needing repaired several times.
• Maintenance will read the Sewer Master meter pit on Monday August 7, 2017 this will give the Village an idea of what additional water went through the sewer system from the flood.
• Smoke testing will be done in the Village the week of August 14-18, 2017.
Administration Committee Meeting of August 8, 2017:
• Further discussed the hiring of Lisa Ahern for services of Grant Writing. Looked over her resume, all committee members were in agreement to hire Ms Ahern.
Motion 1: Motion by Neel to establish Consent Agenda, as follows:
5. Village President’s Agenda:
a. Approve the purchase of the following: (8) – 10’ Steel Safety railings, (4) – 4’ Steel Safety railings, (12) Single Safety Railing Mounting Socket and (6) Double Safety Railing Mounting Sockets for a total of $1,695.06 from Uline.
b. Adopt Ordinance 2017-19, “An Ordinance Authorizing The Execution Of A Promissory Note – Mortgage In The Amount Of $377,220,06, At An Interest Rate Of 3.000%, With Blackhawk Bank & Trust For The Refinancing Of 1001 Mansur Avenue, Carbon Cliff, Illinois.”
c. Adopt Ordinance 2017-20, “An Ordinance Authorizing The Execution Of A Promissory Note – Commercial Loan With Blackhawk Bank & Trust For The Refinancing Of Orchard Court Drainage Project In The Amount Of $222,061.73, At An Interest Rate of 3.00%.”
d. Acknowledge and ratify the emergency purchase of a Gundfos Stack Kit for CR32-2-2, Grundfos Shaft Seal CR/N 32/45/64, Grundfos CR(N) Gasket Kit EPDM for a total cost of $1,847.82 as authorized by Director Nick Gottwalt on August 8, 2017 for the repair of the High Service Pump in Pump House B.
e. Approve a quote #1320 from River City Sign in the amount of $1,4800.00 for a 24’ x 120” (2’ x 10’) aluminum and alupanel sign with aluminum frame installed. 9. Minutes / Reports / Public Notices:
a. Bi-State Region Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) 2017 Progress Report, as prepared by Bi-Station Regional Commission and Submitted – Approved / Filed;
b. Monthly Clerk’s Report for July 2017 as presented – approved / filed;
c. Monthly Collector’s Report for July 2017 as presented – approved / filed;
d. Monthly Maintenance Comp Time Report for July 2017 as presented – approved / filed;
e. Monthly Treasurer’s Report for July 2017 as presented – approved / filed;
f. Minutes of the Public Properties Committee Meeting of August 7, 2017 as presented – approved / filed;
g. Minutes of the Public Safety Committee Meeting of August 7, 2017 as presented – approved / filed;
h. Minutes of the Public Works Committee Meeting of August 8, 2017 as presented – approved / filed;
i. Minutes of the Administration Committee Meeting of August 8, 2017 as presented – approved / filed;
j. Minutes of the New Village Hall Committee Meeting of August 7, 2017 as presented – approved / filed;
k. Minutes of the Regular Meetings of the Carbon Cliff Board of Trustees for July 18, 2017 and August 1, 2017, as presented – approved / filed, and
l. I-EPA - Notice of Application for Permit to Manage Waste (LPC–PA16), Dated 07/28/2017. Site Name: Upper Rock Island County Landfill – 17201 20th Avenue North, East Moline, IL 61244 – IEPA ID # 1618100014 – Description of Project: Application providing annual gas evaluation in accordance with Condition VII.21 and evaluation of methane exceedances at X319 and X324 in accordance with Condition VII.20 (Permit Modification No. 133). – Placed on view for public comment.
Motion 2: Motion by Scott to approve the Consent Agenda as established:
5. a., b., c., d., e. Village President’s Agenda
9. a., b., c., d., e., f., g., h., i., j., k., l. Minutes / Reports / Public Notices
12. a. Bills / Payroll / Transfers and Voided Checks
Second by Neels. Motion carried by the following roll call vote:
Curry-yes; Dreher-yes; Harris-yes; Neels-yes; Scott-yes
It was decided to set the first Food Basket Committee Meeting for Wednesday September 6,2017 5:30 p.m. here at Village Hall.
Motion 3: Motion by Curry to adjourn. Second by Scott.
Motion carried by the following roll call vote;
Curry-yes; Dreher-yes; Harris-yes; Neel-yes; Scott-yes 5-yes, 0-no, 1-absent
Meeting adjourned at 8:02 p.m.