Rock Island County Committee of the Whole will meet September 13
Rock Island County Committee of the Whole will meet on September 13.
Here is the agenda as provided by the committee:
1) Call to order and roll call
2) Public Comments
3) Approval of minutes from the August 9, 2017 meeting
4) Condition of Funds report
5) Staff reports
6) Finance & Personnel Committee report
7) Governance, Health, and Administration Committee report
8) Public Works & Facilities Committee report
9) Approval of County Board agenda
10) The Committee of the Whole may vote to enter into Closed Session for the following:
• 5 ILCS 120/2(c) (1) – The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline,
performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal
counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged
against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public
body to determine its validity.
• 5 ILCS 120/2(c) (2) – Collective negotiating matters between the public body and
its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary
schedules for one or more classes of employees.
• 5 ILCS 120/2(c) (11) – Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of
the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or
administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probably
or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and
entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
11) Update on Litigation cases
a. 16 WC 025930 – Shoemaker v. Rock Island County
b. Settlement Demand – Genevieve Martinez
12) Board member opportunity for brief comments (no decisions will be made)