Village of Carbon Cliff Board of Trustees met April 16
Village of Carbon Cliff Board of Trustees met April 16.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
Village President Hintz called the meeting to order at 7:06 p.m.
Members President: Todd Cantrell, Keith Curry, Robert Dreher, Alma Neels, Larry Scott
Members Absent: Leevon Harris
Others Present: Gena McCullough, Bi-State Regional Commission Representative; Nick Gottwalt, Director of Community & Administrative Services; & Karen L. Hopkins, Village Clerk
Village President’s Agenda items discussed:
• Presented the Tax Levy Confirmation – Levy Year 2018 – Collection Year 2019
Final Valuation this year: $24,045,755.00
Final Valuation Preceding Year: $23,612,755.00
• Village President, Bill Hintz, proclaims May 5-11, 2019 as “Municipal Clerk’s Week”
• 5th Annual Fishing Derby will be held Saturday June 15, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Carbon Cliff Pond, located at 343 N. 1st Avenue Carbon Cliff. This will be the only event scheduled this day.
Meetings / Conferences:
• D.O.C.A.S. Nick Gottwalt will be attending the following Conferences:
o IL Tax Increment Association (ITIA) 2019 Spring Conference being held from April 24-26 that the Hyatt Place Bloomington/Normal 200 Broadway Avenue Normal, IL. (TIF Association). Cost is $325.00 plus $109.00 for hotel accommodations.
o 2019 Annual Conference for the Illinois Municipal Treasurers Association, June 23-25, 2019 at Grizzly Jacks Grand Bear Resort, North Utica, IL.
o 2019 IL Municipal League Annual Conference, September 19-21, 2019 at the Chicago Hilton in Chicago, IL.
o Upper Mississippi River Conference, October 23-24, 2019 at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Moline, IL.
• Public Properties Committee – Village President Bill Hintz read the Public Properties Committee minutes for the meeting held on April 9, 2019 in the absence of Chairman Larry Scott.
• Public Safety Committee Meeting – Chairman Alma Neels read the Public Safety Committee minutes for the meeting held on April 9, 2019.
• Public Works Committee – Chairman Keith Curry, did not have his minutes.
• Administration Committee – Chairman LeeVon Harris was absent at this meeting, no minutes presented.
Old Business items discussed:
• Had much discussion on the 2019 Street Projects. Many of the questions from the Committee Meetings on the 2019 Street Project were answered. The Trustees still have other questions, concerns, etc. It is requested that Village Engineer Loren Rains, with IMEG Engineering come to the next Board Meeting on May 7, 2019. He should bring plans and Engineers Cost Estimate for the project, present to the Village Board and answer questions.
• Discussed the continued problem with one of the Hotels in Carbon Cliff not paying their Hotel Accommodation Taxes on time. MUNICES tickets are being issued for $750.00 per the Hotel Tax Ordinance.
Motion 1: Motion by Curry to establish Consent Agenda, as follows:
5. Village President’s Agenda:
c. Set the 5th Annual Fishing Derby date and time as Saturday, June 15, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Carbon Cliff Pond, located at 343 N 1st Avenue in Carbon Cliff.
8. Committee Meetings:
a. Public Properties Committee:
1. Approve a quote from Quad City Spring in the amount of $1,718.00 to purchase the necessary parts and labor to replace the leaf springs on the 2008 Ford F-350.
2. Approve the purchase of 60 Cubic Yards of Playground Mulch from Xylem, Ltd., Cordova, IL, in the amount of $1,760.00.
c. Public Works Committee:
1. Approve The Following Water Meters For Phoenix School From Ferguson Waterworks:
1-1/2 X 12 -5/8 Int Thrd R900i Usg Item #Sp-Neu2c2g1. $ 861.79
1-1/2 Ru Mtr Wshr 1/8 Item #Gh4184g.$ 1.12
1-1/2 Mach10 R9000i Usg 13 Ll *X Item #Neu2a2g1. $861.79
C463215 1-1/2 Rub Di Mtr Gskt Item #C463215.$ 3.20
1-1/2 Zn 150# Flg Nut/Blt Set Item #Fnwnbsz1j.$ 2.40
Total For This Meter. $ 1,809.14
2. Approve The Following Water Meter For Eagle Ridge School From Ferguson Waterworks:
3 T/F Compound Meter V4 R9000i Usg Pit Item #Nec3brwg3.$ 2,988.98
3 Rr 1/8 Ff 150# Gskt Item #Fnwr1ffgam.$ 6.48
3 Zn 150# Flg Nut/Blt Set Item #Fnwnbsz1m.$ 6.06
Total For This Meter. $ 3,047.54
3. Approve The Annual Neptune Software And Belt Clip Maintenance Agreement From 5/1/19 To 4/30/20
From Ferguson Waterworks At A Total Cost Of $1,417.07.
9. Minutes / Reports / Public Notices:
a. Minutes of the Regular Board Meetings of the Carbon Cliff Board of Trustees for Tuesday, March 19, 2019 and Tuesday, April 2, 2019 as presented – approved / filed;
b. Monthly Clerk’s Report for March 2019 as presented – approved / filed;
c. Monthly Collector’s Report for March 2019 as presented – approved / filed;
d. Monthly Maintenance Comp Time Report for March 2019 as presented – approved / filed;
e. Monthly Treasurer’s Report for March 2019 as presented – approved / filed;
f. Minutes of the April 8, 2019, Public Properties Committee Meeting as presented – approved / filed; &
g. Minutes of the April 8, 2019, Public Safety Committee Meeting as presented – approved / filed;
12. Bills / Payroll / Transfers / Voided Checks:
Second by Cantrell. Motion carried by the following roll call vote: Cantrell-yes; Curry-yes; Dreher-yes; Neels-yes
4-yes, 0-no, 2-absent
Motion 2: Motion by Neels to approve the Consent Agenda as established:
5. c. Village President’s Agenda
8. a.1., a.2., c.1., c.2., c.3. Committee Meetings
9. a., b., c., d., e., f., g. Minutes / Reports / Public Notices
12. a. Bills / Payroll / Transfers / Voided Checks
Second by Cantrell. Motion carried by the following roll call vote:
Cantrell-yes; Curry-yes; Dreher-yes; Neels-yes
4-yes, 0-no, 2-absent
Motion 3: Motion by Dreher to adjourn. Second by Neels. Motion carried by the following roll call vote: Cantrell-yes; Curry-yes; Dreher-yes; Neels-yes
4-yes, 0-no, 2-absent
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.