City of Moline Historic Preservation Commission met Sept. 9.
Here is the minutes provided by the commission:
Present: Frank Ege, Craig Mack, Dan Mizner, Scott Perkins, Dick Potter, Barb Sandberg, Jeff Anderson - Staff
Absent: Carm Senatra
Introduction of Guests – Jan Stoffer, Jolene Keeney, Joe Kuhlenbeck
Approval of Minutes – August 12, 2019 – Motion by Mack, seconded by Mizner to approve.
• Proposed Riverfront redevelopment: Depot Clock, Sears recognition – Commissioners Sandberg and Ege will lead tours during the Renew Moline anniversary event.
• Main Street & Façade rehabilitation program – Project Now ribbon cutting will be August 12. Hiland project has been completed. Harley’s and Rosie’s have had preliminary discussions regarding improvements.
• Downtown Heritage Tour Web site and promotional materials – Materials distributed.
• Public Art: Mural guidelines for Moline Centre downtown district – Committee had initial meeting with members tasked to investigate similar sized cities and their programs. A public charrette is anticipated later.
• Public Art: Funding options supported by Moline Foundation and Renew Moline
• Spiegel Building – No report
• Fifth Avenue Building/Axis Hotel – October opening still planned.
• Carnegie Library Building – For Sale – No report
• Wilson House – Exterior finished.
• Prospect Park - Pavilion renovation – Painting planned for next year.
• Rock Island County Court House – Litigation pending – No report
• Old Post Office – River Drive/3rd Ave. – For Sale – Roof repairs ongoing.
• Other – RICHS has been painted at a cost of $17,400. A pulley has been found at Williams-White which may have been connected to early river dams. Kelly & Associates architecture has old building and house drawings and is seeking transfer and storage.
Commission will investigate potential solutions.
• John Deere House – No report
• Redevelopment of the Collector Center site – No report
• Redevelopment of Ray’s Appliance site – No report
• List of Moline’s historically and architecturally significant buildings –survey/inventory – work in progress
Avenue of the Cities Corridor Study – On September 10, the city council voted to add the plan as an amendment to the Comprehensive plan.
Rt. 92 Corridor Study – Rock Island to Silvis – Workshop at library completed and work continues.
Other: Streetscape bids for the 7th Street and 4th Avenue area were opened and work will begin soon.
Announcements: Echoes of Riverside on September 28 is titled “All strong Women.” The Denkmann Hauberg Estate has won a Dreihaus Advocacy Award from Landmarks Illinois.
Mack motioned to move the November 11 meeting to November 4, seconded by Potter, motion carried.
Anderson informed commission it would need to be a special meeting.
Sunday September 22, Porch Party Noon to 4:00p.m. at Deere-Wiman house.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 4:55 PM