Village Of Carbon Cliff Public Works Committee met July 9.
Here is the agenda provided by the committee:
1. Village Budget Officer will present the Budget update for the 1st Half of 2019.
2. Update – water treatment plant
o Per Jack Kusek, EPA has a program now where they are granting some principal loan forgiveness for water treatment plants.
o Jack Kusek is planning on coming for a visit this week (July 8 – July 12) & bringing Ed Duran, an Engineer working with Jack on the Preliminary Plans.
o Jack Kusek request a list of current updates and projects we have done to the Water System; he will then include that information into his report with the preliminary designs to EPA.
3. Update from Ben Allen, Water Collector on meter change outs – as of Friday 6/28/19 104 meters left and there are 104 residents that still need to schedule meter changes. Of the 104 meters there are 18 that need changed out at Rock River Townhomes (old Mansur Wood Apartments)
4. Eagle Ridge School’s old water meters may need to be checked for accuracy. The City of Moline may do it for the Village for a fee.
5. Update on Carl Stutsman Lodge (Part of R.I.C.C.A.). Village Clerk talked with the Rock Island County Health Department and they have drawings, notes, etc., on the well at R.I.C.C.A. that show the well is located between the two up front buildings. There are 3 lines leaving the well, so that would be one to each building. Jason Watts with the Health Department has all this information. Clerk will have him send us a copy of the map and hopefully he will send a letter or email stating 3 lines coming from well, etc.
o Since Ben Allen & TJ from Ferguson never actually saw a meter or even where the water came into Carl Stutsman Lodge, Clerk will try to arrange where Jason Watts, Ben Allen, & TJ can meet there on Tuesday July 2, 2019 to find where the water line comes into the building. This will verify if there is a meter we never read or if there is no meter. Need to determine the size of water line coming into the building to order the correct meters.
6. Update on the Ehler’s Sewer Rate Study & Water Cash Flow. Village Clerk has talked with Jon Cameron and willupdatethemostcurrentinformationtoJonandhopefullyinacouplemonthwecanhavethiscompleted. I believe at that time Jon Cameron will attend a Board Meeting to present the study to the Board.
o Sewer Rate Study is more detailed looking at rates, projected income, increases, expenditures, etc.
o Water Cash flow is looking for the cash flow in water for a long term, this will help to tell us if we need a water rate study.
7. Discuss & look at the electric usage for sewer lift stations versing the Sewer Master Pit electric cost and gallons pumped. Clerk discussed this with Jack Kusek on the phone, we will compare pumping recorders with the electric used & with master meter pumping.
o Jack also stated even though we have done the video of the sewer mains, had all needed areas repaired with slip lining, the service lines to the houses could be bad, this is very hard to find and almost impossible to have residents repair them all.
o Budget Officer & Nick have discussed the need to make sure all torn down properties have had the sewer service lines actually taken back to the sewer main and capped off at the main, this will prevent the old service lines from deteriorating and allowing water to enter the VCC sewer mains. Might need to look also at houses that are still standing but no one living there for years.
8. Update on Miller’s Building in Silvis (by Dan Ash) hooked to VCC Sewer, 3 suites billed back to 2016 sent with letter and excel spread sheet, they paid the total bill at $5,720.71.
9. Update on AT&T plans for updates on their cell phone antenna. Village Engineer is looking over the plans to make sure they have enough room and to make sure that everything they want to do falls within the agreement. An amendment made need to be made with AT&T if the required work does not meet the original agreement parameters. This would be an amendment only, not a lease renewal.
10. Monthly Collector’s Report – June 2019.
11. Monthly Maintenance Comp Time Report – June 2019.
12. Monthly Clerk’s Report – June 2019.
13. Monthly Treasurer’s Report – June 2019.
14. New Business / Other.